Monday, November 12, 2012

My Facebook Page

As a homeschooling mother and author, I find myself spending much time at home, giving classes to my twelve-year-old son  as well as writing my next historical novel. The rest of my time is spent cooking, cleaning, reading, and spending quality time with my family. Our extended families live out of town, and our church is an hour away. This lifestyle is different from that of the close Greek community that I used to have in the past. One way to overcome this feeling of isolation is to maintain contact with family and friends, and I do it through Facebook. I know that many people worry about the privacy on Facebook, but I believe that the benefits outweigh the hidden costs.

I have been having a lot of fun on my Facebook fans page http://www.facebook.com/GreekNovels and am enjoying the ongoing discussions from all the fine people that have liked my page. I bring up questions for authors and also provide tips that I hope are valuable. The author response has been positive, and I also learn a lot from other authors.

Another online community that I've learned to respect is http://www.authonomy.com which is sponsored by Harper Collins, a publishing company. Another author alerted me to this site. On there, I have listed the contents of my latest historical novel "The Greek Maiden and the English Lord" which will be posted free until New Years. This is my Christmas present to everyone. The link to the book is:

http://authonomy.com/books/46125/the-greek-maiden-and-the-english-lord/read-book/#chapter

Happy reading!
Patty 

No comments: