Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Concert Event - CVSM Community String Orchestra

I am honored to be playing violin in the Cumberland Valley School of Music Community String Orchestra. Our upcoming concert is on March 26, 2013 at 8pm at the chapel at Wilson College, Chambersburg, PA. The concert is free and will include music by Mozart and Handel.

For years I played the viola and with several different orchestras. I also played professionally and have taught violin/viola privately. This is my first year that I have switched permanently to playing the violin. The reason is that I incurred a neck injury from a fall a few years back and this kept me from playing viola. With time, vitamins, and supplements, I began playing again. I noticed that the viola is a much bigger instrument than the violin and stressed my neck easily. Therefore, by switching to the violin, which is a smaller instrument, I have been able to continue my love of playing music.

I joined the community orchestra as a way for me to continue playing, but in a more relaxed atmosphere. As soon as the concert is recorded, I will try and include it here.


No comments: