Friday, March 29, 2013

CVSM Community Orchestra Concert

CVSM stands for : Cumberland Valley School of Music and the school is located in Wilson College, Chambersburg, PA. The community string orchestra consists of students from the school as well as performers from the community. I had the honor of playing in the first violin section with the orchestra this year.

This is my first time playing violin with an orchestra, although I have played violin in several small groups, and have also taught violin privately. I have played the viola most of my life, and later, professionally.

Due to a neck injury, I have turned to the violin and find it an easier instrument to play because it is smaller than a viola and weighs less.

I have included the link to the community orchestra's spring concert below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvUNkinIB7k

No comments: