Saturday, January 08, 2011

The Greek Star

Recently I was contacted by the editor of the Greek Star newspaper (in Chicago) for a book review of The Greek Maiden and the English Lord. I was quite surprised and yet pleased at the same time. This is the first time a newspaper approached me, and this particular newspaper has been around for decades.

Writing a book is not easy, folks, and once it is finished (it took me 3 years), the work does not end there. We authors need to promote and market it, and get it out there to the public. These newspapers do us a great service in helping us get the word out there about our books, so I am quite happy about this recent situation. Dissemination is a very important part of writing a book. I know of authors that write their books and then do nothing in promoting them. No one knows about their books. I think that's a shame. All that effort gone to naught.

Another bit of good news is that Hagerstown Magazine will also do a writeup of my book and is expected to come out in the Feb/March 2011 edition. Looking forward to reading that. Let's see, where else can I get the news out?

2 comments:

The Muse said...

I think that is a marvelous start :)

Perhaps the local library? or college? :)

Patty Apostolides said...

Yes, that is a good idea. So many things to do and not enough time!

I also contacted the Herald Mail newspaper yesterday and they will be doing a book review/interview soon. Am so excited!

Take care,
Patty