Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Favorite Time of the Year

Occasionally, I post a poem that I wrote for my poetry group on this blog. Since Spring is in full bloom, I wrote a poem about it and would like to share it with you below. Enjoy!

My Favorite Time of the Year


Through eyes of velvety blossoms,
Those budding shades of soft pinks and creamy whites,
I watch spring unfold,
Dripping color like a Monet painting,
Honey rich for the taking,
And over there, I turn to listen to the
Cheerful chirps from those bold red robins,
Thrusting their chests out to the world
As they dance with flair among the
Yellow capped daffodils, bringing more color
For my enjoyment.
All coming together, like clockwork, streaming forward,
Beautiful and bold, a testimony to what really
Counts in life.

No matter what the news sprouts forth,
No matter what chemicals are spewed into the air,
No matter the diseases and the sadness.
I do not care -
At least not now, not this moment in time.
I take a deep breath, as the wind caresses my hair.
I embrace Spring, for what it represents,
Because Spring is here, life can continue,
And nothing and no one is going to stop it!

by Patty Apostolides, 2011

No comments: