Monday, December 20, 2010

Discovering the Truth

Today I had the fortunate opportunity to listen to a lecture by Professor Robert Scheer on LinkTV. I rarely watch TV, but I had a few moments of rare free time and I surfed the channels and saw this program. I was struck by what I heard. Robert Scheer is an eloquent speaker, with much wisdom that is lacking in today's news shows. He is a journalist who has interviewed many presidents. He spoke about the Bank bailout, and with historical facts, linked it to the Clinton era, when the Glass-Steagall Act was removed and deregulation was the name of the game. I also learned that Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are private entities and are on Wall Street with their own stocks. Plus much, much more. He's come out with a new book titled "The Great American Stickup." I plan to purchase the book and read more. I was hooked!

It is our duty as American citizens to learn the truth about our country and its governance. Too many people are suffering today as they lose their jobs, and their homes. It is painful to witness.

His website and columns can be found here:
http://www.truthdig.com/robert_scheer

No comments: