Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Life of a Rose Poem Set to Music

I have played the piano since a young age (mostly self-taught, and later took some classes), and it has progressed to the point where I can play music I make up spontaneously. Keep in mind, the music just pops into my head as I play so I don't know if I could repeat it again. I have tried in the past to write music (from a college course) and have captured some songs of mine. However, each time I play, the music just goes on and on, and it's difficult to capture on paper. Hence the interest in recording it. Each time I play it is different music.

I never recorded it live before so that I could share with others, but for the first time I've been able to record it on Youtube. The piano music is set to a poem titled "The Life of a Rose."

It is a relaxing 3 minute piece on Youtube:

The Life of a Rose

Enjoy!

No comments: